Friday, November 12, 2010

iTunes Error 1601 , 1602 , 1603 FIX

I wished to upgrade my iPhone 4 from iOS 4.0 to 4.1. I downloaded the firmware file and got it all ready to do the upgrade on my Windows XP laptop. I didn't want to upgrade it directly, hence I started with restoring it. When I hit the restore button, iTunes verified the restore file and put the phone into recovery mode ( the phones screen was showing the connect to iTunes logo) and iTunes showed the status message – “Preparing iPhone for restore”. When the phone went into recovery mode, the found new hardware window pepped up on Windows XP. Didn't know what to do, so just left it as it is. Then iTunes showed up the unknown error 1601 message. So, I tried the whole process again, no success, same error. Tried it again on my Windows 7 desktop, same error.
When I checked my device manager, it showed two “Apple Mobile Device(Recovery mode)” devices as unknown device with an exclamation mark. I started searching the net with all the possible keywords. Many fixes showed up stating to reinstall all the iTunes services and changing the USB chord, but none of them helped. After a few trial and errors, error number 1602 showed up once. I knew that all the errors were due to unrecognized hardware. I thought installing the device driver manually would help and started on working on it. My guess was right!!!
Initially it was a failure, but after following the instruction on the following the instruction on the following page : support.apple.com/kb/ts1538 ,it worked .
To fix this error,memorize how to install a driver manually and follow the instructions below:
1.When your phone is in recovery mode, go to the device manger.
2. You will find two apple mobile device drivers in an unknown mode and a USB composite device which will be installed automatically.
3. Disable?Uninstall the apple mobile device drivers.
4. Depending on your system, you might find more than one USB composite devices. One of them is your iPhone, to find which one it is, note down the device ID by checking its properties and then disconnect the phone to find it out.
5. Once your have found out which one it is, right click it and select update driver.
6. Now do the manual software install process and in the list of drivers select the iBoot driver, this will make the phone recognizable by iTunes.

I would suggest you to make the phone go into DFU mode, make iTunes recognize it in the DFU mode and when the restoration process starts, wait until you see the message "Waiting for iPhone" to come on the iTunes status area on the top, and then do this procedure, once you have successfully completed it, the restoration process will continue on.

Note: This error is most common among jailbreaked devices that have AppSync for installing cracked apps on their devices.

Any doubts, feel free to comment……

0 comments:

Based on original Visionary template by Justin Tadlock
Visionary Reloaded theme by Blogger Templates

Visionary WordPress Theme by Justin Tadlock Powered by Blogger, state-of-the-art semantic personal publishing platform